Thanks to the fabulous folks at Honda Australia, the family and I recently headed off on a road trip in a brand new Honda CRV (SQUEEEEEEEEAL!).
I’m not sure who was more excited – me, for getting to drive a beautiful new car or the kids, who seemed to think that this car was ours to keep.
As soon as hubby got home from work on the Friday, we piled in to the car and headed down to Point Lonsdale for the weekend.
The kids loved having extra leg room in the back and I loved how much stuff we could fit in the boot (yes, we were only going for the weekend – no, I don’t pack light LOL). We cranked up our ipod and headed towards Point Lonsdale with the kids and I singing ‘Let it Go’ at the top of our voices.
By the time we arrived it was dark and raining but thankfully the built in navigation system directed us to the nearest Fish & Chip shop, so we could grab some dinner on the way to the house.
After lazy morning in bed, we decided to hit the road in the CRV and check out the local area. First stop was Torquay for lunch, shopping and catching up on local events.
It was a little chilly, so hubby and I took advantage of the seat warmers in the front (don’t tell the kids) while we drove around checking out the local sites.
Our next stop was the Point Lonsdale Lighthouse. The kids loved watching the ships come through the heads from the sunroof.
That night we headed down to Queenscliff for dinner at The Esplanade Hotel (and another excuse to use the seat warmers 🙂 ).
The next morning we chilled out in the house and soaked up our gorgeous surrounds before heading back to Queenscliff for lunch before we began the trip home. Hubby was enjoying driving the CRV so much that he was happy for me to direct him to a few shops I wanted to visit along the way.
It’s been a little while since I’ve driven a new car and there were quite a few features on the CRV which were pretty fabulous.
The things that stood out the most for me were:
– rear reversing camera (a “must have” for anyone with children);
– great sized boot (I was surprised to discover I could actually fit more in this boot than in my current car = lots of space for shopping);
– adaptive cruise control which automatically slow the cars when it senses you are getting to close to the car in front;
– seat warmers (I had always laughed at people who told me how good these were – now I’m totally loving them);
– lane keep assist system which ‘senses’ line markings on the road, so if you begin drifting out of your lane, the system will automatically apply corrective steering and send you a visual and audible warning to let you know that you need to pay attention;
– safety (with its 5-star safety rating, even someone like me (who doesn’t like driving) felt safe as both a driver and a passenger).
Thanks Honda for letting us road test this awesome car. My little man loved it so much that he kissed it goodbye when we returned it.
For more info on the Honda CRV, including all the specs and technical info visit Honda CRV.