This week we’re getting to know Nina from Home Sorted “A simple & effective guide to organising your home!”
1. Tell us a little about yourself
I am a 35 year old mother of three, Deanna 14, Gabriella 12 and John 9. My husband Robert and I have run our own building company for almost 14 years.
In my spare time, I love to read, write and organise my cupboards! I find organising my drawers and cupboards therapeutic and I spend most of my spare time writing and walking.
Aside from my books, I also write about our families day to day life. Before and during my writing career I’m actually a Personal Banker and assist people with organising their finances.
2. Describe your brand in one sentence?
Home Sorted = Life Sorted!
3. How did you come up with the name for your label?
I wanted a simple title and considering the context of my book, it appeared to make perfect sense: Home Sorted!
4. What led you to creating Home Sorted?
As mentioned, I love to sort and organise in my spare time. Upon completion of each renovation or new home we built as a company, I would assist with the finishing touches. Helping clients to sort their homes, made sense to me as I find it a natural instinct to have my home in order. Therefore I decided to combined my two passions by writing a book with clear instructions on how to sort the home. Each room is sorted in 6 steps or less, hence the subtitle ‘a simple & effective guide to organising your home.’
5. Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration from my day-to-day life. Since my sorting system works well for me, I believe this inspires me to help others.
6. What do you love most about what you do?
I love the reader feedback and satisfaction that comes with people’s positive outcomes once their homes are sorted.
7. What are your 3 favourite items from your latest collection?
My Home Sorted! Calendar – assisting to keep the home sorted on a regular basis.
My School/ Kinder filing tabs, they assist with organising all of your children’s school information into one binder, practically.
My new book ‘Kids Sorted!’ assist with organising your children – making life a little less stressful.
8. What’s one item your kids can’t live without?
Since they’re a little older, I’d have to say their ipods – my kids sing, dance and listen to music all day!
9. What’s one item you can’t live without?
10. Favourite place to shop for yourself?
Love shopping online.
11. If you weren’t helping people organise their lives what other job would you like to do?
I’d love to be the only female member of Bon Jovi and tour the world with Jon and the band…but I can’t sing and don’t think hubby would approve!
12. Favourite place to take the kids in Melbourne?
The beach, winter or summer – love it!
Make sure you keep an eye out for Nina on Kerri-Anne, where she helps ME organise my home office!