School holidays can be a drain on your wallet (AND also your patience LOL), so I’ve put together a list of 25 low cost ways to entertain the kids and stop them saying “I’m bored!” every five minutes.
Make these school holidays something to remember and enjoy the simple things in life.
- Visit the library
- Bake cookies
- Paint your nails
- Have a picnic
- Do a puzzle
- Game night
- Cook dinner together
- Watch the sun set
- Go to a playground you haven’t visited before
- Write a letter to a family member or friend in another state or country
- Camp in the backyard
- Go for a walk around your neighbourhood
- Paint or decorate rocks
- Plant some vegetables or flowers in the garden
- Organise to meet up with some friends for a bbq at a local park
- Write a story
- Create a treasure hunt
- Bake and decorate cupcakes
- Ride bikes or scooters
- Fly a kite
- Family movie night
- Build a blanket fort
- Chalk drawing on the driveway
- Wash the car
- A-Z scavenger hunt
Who knows, you may even enjoy a few of these yourself.
How do you keep the kids occupied during the school holidays? Let me know in the comments below.